SMA is pleased to announce the details for the 2018 The Aspire Group Case Study Bowl, scheduled to take place during this year's SMA conference on October 23-27, 2018, in Dallas, TX. As part of a continued effort to bridge academia with the industry, we will once again work with The Aspire Group and secure a "real world" client for the case competition and competition jugdes.
schedule of events
- Tuesday: Participating faculty advisors will receive by e-mail the official case study and supporting materials
- Wednesday: Presentation submission deadline and rules rules meeting (advisors and team captains required to attend). Teams will be required to submit an electronic copy via email to the SMA Vice President of Student Affairs Joe Mahan (email@example.com) of a final ppt.
- Thursday: First round of presentations will begin.
- Thursday: The Judging Panel will select the finalists and faculty advisors will be notified by email regarding the finalists
- Friday: Final round of presentations will begin.
- The winning team will be announced at the SMA Awards Luncheon, and will be presented with a special The Aspire Group Case Study Bowl trophy
RULES AND PROCEDUREs
- Current undergraduate students may compete in the case study bowl
- Competition is limited to sixteen (16) entries
- Students and advisors must be officially registered for the conference by TBA
- Student teams will respond to the Case Study over a 24-hour period
- Faculty advisors who wish to enter team must notify SMA Vice President of Student Affairs Joe Mahan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by TBA, providing the following information in the email:
- Subject line: SMA Case Study Entry
- E-mail body: name of faculty advisor, e-mail address of faculty advisor, cell phone number of faculty advisor, name of school
- Tentative list of student team members (minimum of 3 students; maximum of 4 students)